Harrison County historical marker Indiana display Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination historic marker historic site signage William Henry Harrison attractive destination educating info Midwest tourist attraction history no people text appealing tourism travel United States historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs United States of America color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day educate historic markers historic sites colour image destinations outside tourist attractions day time IN day-time US words color images Jason O. Watson daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A.
Organized 1808 from parts of Knox and Clark Counties. Named in honor of William Henry Harrison who owned land within the County and was Territorial Governor and later ninth President of U.S. Fourth county formed in Indiana Territory. Original Harrison County comprised a large area and parts went to form Washington, Perry, Orange, Crawford, and Floyd Counties. Two buildings have served as county courthouses - the original State Capitol and the present courthouse erected 1929. County records date from 1808.
Erected by County Commissioners, 1966