Posey House historical marker Corydon Indiana display Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination Harrison County historic marker historic site signage Thomas Posey attractive destination educating info Midwest tourist attraction history no people text appealing tourism travel United States historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs United States of America color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day educate historic markers historic sites colour image destinations outside tourist attractions day time IN day-time US Jason O. Watson words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A.
Built 1817 - Home of Col. Thomas Posey, son of Gov. Posey. Col. Posey (1792-1863) served as Treasurer of Harrison County; Cashier of Corydon Branch of the Bank of Vincennes; U.S. Military Pension Agent in Indiana; Adjutant General of Indiana; Legislator representing Harrison County; early Corydon merchant; an active Mason; and an ardent Methodist. Although he never married, he reared fourteen orphans in his home. Since 1925, Museum and Chapter House of The Hoosier Elm Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Erected in memory of Misses Margaret, Mary Jane, and Olive Griffin and Helen Griffin O'Leary, 1965