Photo detail

Camera Maker Canon Camera Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Aperture f/8 Color Space sRGB
Exposure Value 0 EV Exposure Program Manual
Exposure Time 1/125 sec Flash No Flash
Focal Length 24 mm ISO 250
Metering Mode Pattern Date/Time 2015:09:02 13:22:40
Resolution Unit Inch X Resolution 200 dots per ResolutionUnit
Y Resolution 200 dots per ResolutionUnit Compression Jpeg Compression
Exposure Mode 1 Keywords Soledad Mission historical marker California display Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination Fermin Francisco de Lasuen historic marker historic site Jose Joaquin de Arrillaga mission Mission Nuestra Senora Dolorosisma de la Soledad Monterey County Salinas signage Vincente Francisco Sarria attractive destination educating info tourist attraction West history no people text appealing tourism travel United States historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs United States of America color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day Jason O. Watson educate historic markers historic sites missions colour image destinations outside tourist attractions CA day time day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A.
Caption MISSION NUESTRA SENORA DOLOROSISMA DE LA SOLEDAD This mission, founded October 9,1791 by Father Ferm’n Francisco de LasuŽn, ministered to the Indians of the Salinas Valley. Governor JosŽ Joaqu’n de Arrillaga died here July 24, 1814 and was buried in the chapel. Prosperous in its early years, Soledad declined after 1825, but Father Vicente Francisco Sarr’a stayed on in poverty to serve the Indians until his death in 1835, when the mission was secularized. It was regranted to the Bishop of Monterey in 1859. In ruins after 1874, the chapel was reconstructed and dedicated under the auspices of the Native Daughters of the Golden West, October 9th, 1955. REGISTERED LANDMARK NO. 233 Plaque placed by Grand Parlors, Native Daughters of the Golden West and Native Sons of the Golden West, in cooperation with the California State Park Commission, October 14, 1956.