Old Briery Church historical marker Virginia display Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination Charlotte County historic marker historic site Robert Lewis Dabney Samuel Davies signage attractive destination educating info tourist attraction VA history no people text appealing South tourism travel historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day educate historic markers historic sites US colour image destinations outside tourist attractions day time USA day-time U.S. words color images Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images natural light outsides United States United States of America
OLD BRIERY CHURCH
Just to the north stands Briery Church, organized in 1755 following the missionary work of Presbyterian minister Samuel Davies. The first church was built about 1760 and was replaced in 1824. The present gothic revival church was built about 1855 to designs of Robert Lewis Dabney.
Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission, 1971