historic marker Westmoreland state park marker parkland park attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination Virginia attractive destination educating historic markers historic site info signage state parks tourist attraction VA appealing history no people parklands text tourism travel South attract historic nobody parks word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions US colour image outside day time USA day-time U.S. words color images Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images natural light outsides United States United States of America Westmoreland County sign with text
WESTMORELAND STATE PARK
This park was developed by the National Park Service, Interior Department, through the Civilian Conservation Corps, in conjunction with the Virginia Conservation Commission. It covers 1300 acres and was opened, June 15, 1936. It was originally included in "Clifts Plantation," patented by Nathaniel Pope about 1650, and became a part of Stratford Estate when purchased by Thomas Lee in 1716.
Virginia Conservation Commission, 1939