historic marker Trinity Methodist Church VA US attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination Virginia attractive destination educating historic markers historic site info signage tourist attraction appealing history no people text tourism travel South attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions colour image outside day time USA day-time U.S. words color images daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org natural light outsides United States United States of America Richmond sign with text
TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH
Erected in 1860, this building housed Trinity Methodist Church until 1945 when the congregation moved to Henrico County. It was designed by noted Richmond architect Albert West, who was also a leading Methodist. The roots of the Trinity congregation date from 1790 when a small group of converts first met at the foot of Church Hill, marking the founding of organized Methodism in Richmond.
Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission, 1984