historic marker Louisa County Virginia Louisa attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination attractive destination educating historic markers historic site info signage tourist attraction VA appealing history no people text tourism travel South attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions US colour image outside day time USA day-time U.S. words color images daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images natural light Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org outsides United States United States of America sign with text
Located in the heart of the Virginia Piedmont, this rural county was named for Princess Louisa, a daughter of George II. It was formed from Hanover County in 1742; the county seat is Louisa. Among the county's historic resources is the Green Springs Historic District including Boswell's Tavern, which was used on one occasion during the Revolution as headquarters of the Marquis de Lafayette. Other landmarks include the monumental Louisa County courthouse and the old jail.
Department of Historic Resources, 1998