Blandy Experimental Farm Graham F. Blandy VA attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination Virginia attractive Blandy Farm Clarke County destination educating historic marker historic site info signage State Arboretum The Tuleyries tourist attraction appealing history no people text tourism travel South attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic markers historic sites tourist attractions US colour image outside day time Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org USA day-time U.S. words color images daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images natural light outsides United States United States of America sign with text
BLANDY EXPERIMENTAL FARM
In 1926, Graham F. Blandy bequeathed a 712-acre portion of his estate, The Tuleyries, to the University of Virginia to educate "boys farming in the various branches." Beginning late in the 1920s, the two-story, century-old brick slave quarters was enlarged and converted into an arboretum. Containing one of the most diverse collections of trees and woody shrubs in the eastern United States, Blandy Experimental Farm was designated the State Arboretum of Virginia in 1986. The University of Virginia still uses Blandy Farm for experimental research and education.
Department of Historic Resources, 1999