historic marker Fincastle Lord Fincastle VA US United States of America attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination United States Virginia America attractive destination educating historic markers historic site info signage tourist attraction American appealing history no people text tourism travel South attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions colour image outside day time USA day-time U.S. words Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org color images daylight outdoors U.S.A. verticals colour images natural light outsides Botetourt County sign with text
Miller's place here was selected as the county seat of Botetourt in 1770. In 1772 the Town of Fincastle was established on land donated by Israel Christian and named for Lord Fincastle, eldest son of governor Lord Dunmore. It was incorporated in 1828. In 1845 it had a population of 700. The present courthouse was erected about 1850.
Virginia Conservation Commission, 1941.