Photo detail

Camera Maker Canon Camera Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Aperture f/8 Color Space Uncalibrated
Exposure Value 0 EV Exposure Program Manual
Exposure Time 1/250 sec Flash Compulsory Flash
Focal Length 43 mm ISO 250
Metering Mode Pattern Date/Time 2013:09:03 15:07:11
Copyright © 2013 Jason O. Watson. All rights reserved. Orientation 1: Normal (0 deg)
Resolution Unit Inch X Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit
Y Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit Compression Jpeg Compression
Exposure Mode 1 Subject Distance 1.89
Keywords St. MartinÕs Evangelical Lutheran Church Texas display historical marker Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination Henry Merz historic marker historic site signage Travis County attractive destination educating info tourist attraction United States history no people text appealing tourism travel United States of America historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs South color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day educate historic markers historic sites colour image destinations outside tourist attractions day time TX day-time Jason O. Watson / US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. sign with text Caption ST. MARTIN'S EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH This property, once situated just outside capitol square at 106 East Peach Street (Later 13th), was the original location of the German Evangelical Lutheran Church (ÒDie Deutsche Evangelish Lutherische KircheÓ). Pastor Henry Merz (1842-1928), a missionary for the first Evangelical Lutheran Synod in Texas, organized the congregation in 1883 with 20 German families. They worshiped first in homes or stores and later borrowed the facilities of the First Presbyterian and Gethsemane Lutheran Churches. The congregation acquired this lot in 1884. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid on December 21, 1884, and the new structure was dedicated with formal ceremonies on April 26, 1885. Designed in a modified Gothic style, the brick church building measured 36 feet by 58 feet and had a truncated bell tower. In 1929 St. MartinÕs congregation erected a more spacious sanctuary at 1400 Congress, and the original church building was converted into state offices. In 1959, as the capitol complex expanded, both churches were razed and 13th Street was closed to make way for state office buildings. St. MartinÕs moved to new facilities at 606 West 15th Street.