Thannisch Block Building historic marker Texas sign United States signage attraction destination display education hotel information landmark marker office tourist history United States of America attractive business Col. Thomas Marion Thannisch educating historic markers historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites info inn Place of Interest Places of Interest road side Roadside Roadsign South Tarrant County tour tourism tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations historic appealing no people sightseeing signs America historical attract nobody sightsee TX American daytime destinations displays Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org hotels landmarks markers offices tourists appeal color image educate outdoor vertical day historical markers inns road sides tourist attractions tours colour image outside day time US day-time USA color images daylight outdoors U.S. verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S.A. historic site sign with text
THANNISCH BLOCK BUILDING
The eastern portion of this structure was built in 1906-07 by Col. Thomas Marion Thannisch (1853-1935), one of north Fort Worth's early developers. Designed for use as a hotel and office space to serve the Stockyards community and trade, the building was expanded in 1913. The three story commercial structure features decorative brickwork, chevron designs in the upper story, and corbeled parapet.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983