First Christian Church Granbury historic marker attraction destination display education information landmark marker tourist Texas Addison Clark attractive educating Female College at Thorp Spring historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites Hood County info Joseph A. Clark Lake Granbury Place of Interest Places of Interest Randolph Clark road side Roadside Roadsign sign Texas Christian University tour tourism tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations United States appealing no people sightseeing signage United States of America attract history nobody sightsee daytime destinations Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org displays historic markers landmarks markers South tourists appeal color image educate historic outdoor vertical day historical markers road sides signs tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time TX day-time US color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. historic site sign with text
FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GRANBURY
This church was organized in the 1870's with the aid of Addison and Randolph Clark. In 1873 they helped their father Joseph A. Clark establish the Add-Ran Male and Female College at Thorp Spring (3.8 miles northwest), which later became Texas Christian University of Fort Worth. The Clark Brothers shared responsibilities as the first pastors. In 1889 the men of the fellowship erected a frame sanctuary on property purchased from D.C. Cogdell. This congregation has grown rapidly since the completion of Lake Granbury in 1969.