Olin Baptist Church historical marker Texas TX display Historical Site marker sign attraction education information landmark Place of Interest Tourist Destination Travel Destination Baptist Church Dry Fork Church Hamilton County historic marker historic site Pleasant Hill Missionary signage attractive destination educating info tourist attraction United States history no people text appealing tourism travel United States of America historic nobody word attract daytime displays historical markers markers signs South color image historical landmarks outdoor vertical appeal day educate historic markers historic sites colour image destinations outside tourist attractions Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org day time day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. sign with text
OLIN BAPTIST CHURCH
Founded in 1878 by five charter members, this church originally was named Kings Chapel. It was also known as Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church and as Dry Fork Church. The church deacons purchased land at this site in 1899, and when a post office for the community was granted under the name Olin, the church was renamed Olin Baptist Church. Serving the community for well over a century, this church has offered a variety of worship and educational programs and has supported both domestic and foreign missionary endeavors.