Photo detail

Camera Maker Canon Camera Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Aperture f/8 Color Space Uncalibrated
Exposure Value 0 EV Exposure Program Manual
Exposure Time 1/200 sec Flash No Flash
Focal Length 42 mm ISO 200
Metering Mode Pattern Date/Time 2012:11:23 15:02:27
Copyright © 2012 Jason O. Watson. All rights reserved. Orientation 1: Normal (0 deg)
Resolution Unit Inch X Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit
Y Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit Compression Jpeg Compression
Exposure Mode 1 Subject Distance 1.89
Keywords New York Hill historic marker Thurber Texas TX attraction destination display education house information landmark marker neighborhood sign United States of America attractive educating Erath County famous historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites home housing info neighbourhood Place of Interest Places of Interest popular road side Road sign Road Signs Roadside signage subdivision Texas Pacific Coal and Oil Company tour tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations United States appealing no people residence text tourism America attract history nobody residential word American daytime Jason O. Watson / destinations displays historic markers houses landmarks markers neighborhoods signs South appeal color image educate historic outdoor vertical day famousness historical markers homes housings neighbourhoods road sides subdivisions tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time residences US day-time USA words color images daylight outdoors U.S. verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S.A. historic site sign with text Caption NEW YORK HILL This area of Thurber developed after 1917, when the Texas and Pacific Coal Company expanded into the burgeoning oil industry following W. K. Gordon's discovery of the Ranger oil field. Renamed in 1918, the Texas Pacific Coal and Oil Company brought staff for its new oil division to Thurber from New York. Thirty-one houses were built here on New York Hill. Church Street climbed the hill from town, as did sidewalks and brick steps, some of which were still visible decades later. The buildings on the hill were removed in the 1930s when the company town was dismantled. (1995)