Bluff Dale historic marker Methodist Church attraction church destination display education information landmark marker sign Texas attractive Bluff Date United Methodist Church bricks chapel educating Erath County famous historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites info Methodist Place of Interest Places of Interest popular road side Road sign Road Signs Roadside signage tour tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations United States appealing Christianity no people text tourism United States of America attract history nobody religion word churches daytime destinations displays historic markers landmarks Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org markers signs South appeal color image educate historic outdoor vertical chapels day famousness historical markers road sides tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time TX day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. historic site sign with text
BLUFF DALE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Bluff Dale Methodist Church dates to the mid-1880s, when area Methodists began to meet regularly, following an 1881 camp meeting along the Paluxy River. In 1894, members began to meet at a church building they constructed. As the community grew, so did the congregation, which became known as Bluff Dale Methodist Church in 1939. By 1956, membership moved into a newly completed church facility. In 1968, after the Methodist and Evangelical United Brethren denominations merged, the congregation became known as the Bluff Dale United Methodist Church. Today, the church continues to be a beacon of light, serving as a spiritual leader in a revitalized Bluff Dale community.
Marker is the property of the State of Texas (2008)