Dublin National Bank historic marker Texas TX attraction bank destination display education information landmark marker sign attractive business Dublin educating Erath County famous historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites info John G. Harris Place of Interest Places of Interest popular road side Road sign Road Signs Roadside signage tour tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations United States appealing no people text tourism United States of America attract history nobody word banks daytime destinations displays historic markers landmarks markers signs South appeal color image Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org educate historic outdoor vertical day famousness historical markers road sides tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. historic site sign with text
DUBLIN NATIONAL BANK
In 1893, John G. Harris, a former railroad president, joined with three other businessmen to establish Dublin National Bank. The bank opened on the heels of the incorporation of the town of Dublin in 1889. Dublin experienced considerable growth in the late 19th century due to the cotton industry and the arrival of the railroad. Dublin National Bank acquired assets of the only remaining local bank in 1933. It continues to operate at its original location and has experienced several building expansions. For more than 100 years, the bank has played a vital role in the development of the Dublin area. It is the oldest continuously operating bank in Erath County.