historic marker Lost River church Miller WV US chapel United States of America Christianity attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination religion West Virginia America attractive churches destination educating historic markers historic site info signage tourist attraction South American appealing chapels history no people text tourism travel United States attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs appeal color image educate historical outdoor USA vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org colour image outside U.S. day time U.S.A. day-time words color images daylight outdoors verticals colour images natural light outsides Hardy County sign with text
LOST RIVER'S FIRST CHURCH
300 yards east is the first Lost River Valley Church. Built of logs, prior to 1797, on land deeded by Anthony Miller, 1831, to the Baptists and Presbyterians "to hold in common for a meetinghouse and graveyard."
West Virginia Historic Commission, 1963