Photo detail

Camera Maker Canon Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Aperture f/8 Exposure Value 0 EV
Exposure Program Manual Exposure Time 1/500 sec
Flash No Flash Focal Length 52 mm
ISO 100 Metering Mode Pattern
Date/Time 2013:01:02 13:18:18 Copyright © 2013 Jason O. Watson. All rights reserved.
Resolution Unit Inch X Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit
Y Resolution 240 dots per ResolutionUnit Compression Jpeg Compression
Exposure Mode 1 Subject Distance 1.54
Keywords Long Valley Mt. Carmel historic marker Utah attraction destination display education highway information landmark marker tourist attractive Bishop John R. Smith Dr. Priddy Meeks educating Francis T. Whitney historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites info James Lewis John D. Lee John Dart John Steel Kane County Place of Interest Places of Interest popular road road side Roadside Roadsign settlement Sevier River Sevier Valley sign Solomon Chamberlain tour tourism tourist attraction Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations travel Travel Destination Travel Destinations Virgin River Zion Canyon West appealing motorway no people sightseeing Jason O. Watson / signage United States of America attract history nobody sightsee daytime destinations displays historic markers landmarks markers tourists United States appeal color image educate historic outdoor vertical day historical markers road sides settlements signs tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time motorways UT day-time US color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A. historic site sign with text Caption SETTLEMENT OF LONG VALLEY AND MT. CARMEL The first written account of the exploration of Long Valley was given by John D. Lee in 1852. Coming from Parowan, the explorers were under the direction of Bishop John R. Smith. James Lewis kept the records. The others were John D. Lee, John Steel, John Dart, Solomon Chamberlain, Francis T. Whitney and Dr. Priddy Meeks. The party entered the Sevier Valley, followed the Sevier River south, over the divide and down the east fork of the Virgin River through Long Valley. Stopped from going further by Zion Canyon on the west they retraced their tracks returning to Parowan. In the summer of 1862, a group guided by Dr. Priddy Meeks, John and William Berry came to Long Valley looking for grazing and farm land. In the spring of 1864, this group with others again returned to the valley. Priddy Meeks became the first white settler in the Lower Long Valley when he and his family built a dugout in the hill behind this marker. The town was first called Windsor then changed to Mt. Carmel by Joseph W. Young because the cedar covered hills resembled the country of Mt. Carmel in Palestine. Sarah Deseret, daughter of Dr. Meeks and Mary Jane, was born in 1864 in Berryville. She was the first child born in Long Valley and present day Kane County. The settlers had to leave Long Valley during Indian difficulties, but returned to stay in March of 1871. 1995 No. 485 Orderville Camp