Allard Plantation historic marker Louisiana LA attraction destination display education information landmark marker sign tourist attractive Don Santiago Lorrein Duplanty educating Francisco Hery historical marker Historical Site Historical Sites info Louis Allard Orleans Parish Place of Interest Places of Interest road side signage tour tourism tourist attraction Tourist Destination travel Travel Destination South appealing no people sightseeing text United States attract history nobody sightsee word daytime destinations displays historic markers landmarks markers signs tourists United States of America appeal color image educate historic outdoor vertical Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org day historical markers road sides tourist attractions tours colour image historical outside day time day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A.
Plantation of Louis Allard was purchased by his grandfather, Don Santiago Lorreins in 1770's from estate of Francisco Hery, called Duplanty, builder of the first Cabildo Building in N.O. in 1769. Acquired from Allard in 1845 by J. McDonough -- given to N.O. in 1850.
Erected by the Louisiana Tourist Development Commission, 1968
Dedicated by Spirit of '76 Chapter LSDAR, December 8, 1968.