Photo detail

Camera Maker Canon Camera Model Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
Aperture f/11 Color Space Uncalibrated
Exposure Value 0 EV Exposure Program Program
Exposure Time 1/500 sec Flash No Flash
Focal Length 27 mm ISO 400
Metering Mode Pattern Date/Time 2007:03:08 14:06:48
Copyright © 2007 Jason O. Watson. All rights reserved. Orientation 1: Normal (0 deg)
Resolution Unit Inch X Resolution 300 dots per ResolutionUnit
Y Resolution 300 dots per ResolutionUnit Compression Jpeg Compression
Exposure Mode 0 Keywords travel United States of America United States America USA US Georgia GA history historical historic historical marker famous landmark road side highway popular Place of Interest Places of Interest Tourist Attraction Tourist Attractions Tourist Destination Tourist Destinations Travel Destination Travel Destinations tour tourism tourist attraction destination Sign Signs American Day Daytime Historical Sites Vertical Education Historical Site Marker Markers Outdoor Outdoors Outside Road Road Signs Roadside Roadsign Putnam County James Wright town well town well shelter Eatonton public drinking fountain Hampton C. Walker shelter Adam Hafner House Dan O'Sullivan House W. Wingfield Walker inheritance Radio Station Turner Park Uncle Remus Museum
Caption THE TOWN WELL SHELTER This well shelter was probably built in 1839 when James Wright fulfilled his contract to dig a new well and build a well shelter on the public square for one hundred and fifty dollars. In 1902 a public drinking fountain was installed on the public square and the well was filled in. At that time the well shelter was removed from the public square and at the request of Hampton C. Walker the well shelter was placed over the well located on the property line between Òthe old Adam Hafner HouseÓ and Òthe old Dan OÕSullivan House,Ó the Òmiddle of the wellÓ having been the property line between the two lots since 1817. Years later W. Wingfield Walker, through inheritance from his father Hampton C. Walker, owned both lots and sold them. The well, a landmark of long standing, was filled in when the present Radio Station was constructed in 1962. The well shelter, having sustained only minor alterations and repairs over the years, was removed at the request of W. Wingfield Walker to Turner Park. Marker Erected April 1985 by Uncle Remus Museum, Inc.