historic marker Maitland Presbyterian church FL chapel Christianity attraction display education historical marker Historical Site information landmark marker Place of Interest sign Tourist Destination Travel Destination Florida religion attractive churches destination educating historic markers historic site info signage tourist attraction United States appealing chapels history no people text tourism travel United States of America attract historic nobody word daytime displays historical markers landmarks markers signs South appeal color image educate historical outdoor vertical day destinations historic sites tourist attractions colour image outside day time Jason O. Watson / historical-markers.org day-time US words color images daylight outdoors USA verticals colour images natural light outsides U.S. U.S.A.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH MAITLAND
This congregation was organized in 1882 by ten Presbyerian settlers under the direction of Rev. W. G. F. Wallace when Maitland was a pioneer hamlet. The church building was constructed in 1883, and it is one of the oldest churches still in use in this area. The church is a typical example of the pioneer ecclesiastical architecture of its period.
Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials, 1961