VA-E90 Aquia Church

Marker text: AQUIA CHURCH

Here is Aquia Church, the church of Overwharton Parish, formed before 1680 by the division of Potomac Parish. It was built in 1757, on the site of an earlier church, in the rectorship of Reverend John Moncure, who was the parish minister from 1738 to 1764. The Communion Silver was given the parish in 1739 and was buried in three successive war, 1776, 1812, and 1861.

Conservation & Development Commission 1932

Today in Marker History


View more information