ZZ-PWC015 Graham Park

Marker text: GRAHAM PARK

Just east of this location along the Quantico Creek was the plantation known as Graham Park. This property was patented by John Graham (1711-1787), who came to Virginia from Scotland about 1733. Graham was known as the founder of Dumfries since the town sprang to life from 60 acres taken from his plantation in 1749. He was a successful merchant, trustee of Dumfries, and County Clerk.

Prince William County Historical Commission - 1983

Today in Marker History


View more information