VA-K218 Brandon

Marker text: BRANDON

This place, five miles northeast, has been owned by the Harrison family for two centuries. John Martin patented the land in 1617; Nathaniel Harrison bought it in 1720. The present house was built about 1770. The British general Philips landed at Brandon, May 7, 1781. A mile farther is Upper Brandon.

Conservation & Development Commission, 1928.

Today in Marker History


View more information