VA-U30 Stuart

Marker text: U30 Stuart
This place, first known as Taylorsville for George Taylor, early settler, was established in 1792 after the formation of Patrick County. In 1849 it contained about fifty dwellings. The name was changed to Stuart for General J.E.B. Stuart, C.S. A., who was born in the county. The courthouse was built in 1852 and remodeled in 1928.
Virginia Conservation Commission 1941

Today in Marker History


View more information