VA-SA18 Sabot Hill

Marker text: SABOT HILL

It was named for Sabot Island, supposed to resemble a wooden shoe. Sabot Hill was the home of James A. Seddon, member of Congress and Confederate Secretary of War, 1862-65, who built the house in 1855. It was visited by Dahlgren in his raid, March 1, 1864.

Conservation & Development Commission, 1931

Today in Marker History


View more information