ZZ-FC019 Town Hall

Marker text: TOWN HALL

Town was incorporated in 1875. A simple frame town hall was built here about 1880 on 1/4 acre (part of 1729 248-acre Trammell Grant). Town Hall bell was rung for council meetings and fires. Later used only for police station, torn down in 1953. Town boundaries were changed twice: once by charter amendment in 1890 which returned South Falls Church to Fairfax County for political purposes; then by court action in 1936 which returned East Falls Church to Arlington County for tax advantages to its citizens. Thus Falls Church became smaller geographically as population grew from 500+ in 1875 to 5,338 in 1948.

City of Falls Church.

Today in Marker History


View more information