ZZ-FC013 Dulin Methodist Church


After the Civil War demolition of Fairfax Chapel, the original part of this gothic revival church was built by southern sympathizers in 1869 on 2 acres donated by Wm. Y. Dulin (part of 1742 208-acre Geo. Harrison Grant). Original chapel now forms the right and rear side of the sanctuary and vestibule. A tower, new entrance, and stained glass windows were added in 1892. In 1926 gothic sunday-school wing was added in the west; church exterior was stuccoed because color of handmade brick in the earlier portions could not be matched. Land reverts to Dulin heirs if not used for religious purposes.

City of Falls Church

Today in Marker History


View more information