VA-T2 Old Chapel

Marker text: OLD CHAPEL

Lord Fairfax worshipped here in the "Old Chapel" of Colonial Frederick Parish, established 1738. This stone building dates from 1790 and witnessed the early ministry (1810-1835) of Bishop Meade, Governor Edmund Randolph and Col. Nathaniel Burwell lie in this burying ground with relatives, friends, and neighbors.

Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission, 1976.

Today in Marker History


View more information