ZZ-ARL101 Walker Chapel

Marker text: WALKER CHAPEL

Walker Chapel, a small frame country church of the Mount Olivet circuit was dedicated at the location on July 18, 1876 it was named in honor of the Walker family who donated the Walker Grave Yard as a site for the church. A new frame church was built nearby in 1903 although the original chapel structure continued in use as a Sunday school unti its demolition in 1930. The present building dates from 1959. The earliest recorded burial in the adjacent cemetery was that of David Walker, who died in 1848.<br.

Today in Marker History


View more information