TX-15765 Manuel Hardware Building


This 1884 Building was constructed on property owned by John R. Guynes, and the First National Bank was one of the first tenants. Partners Barnes and Higdon occupied the building during the 1890Õs, and W.F. Barnes purchased the building from GuynesÕ estate in 1899. J. N. Manuel purchased the building in 1900, and it housed the Manuel Hardware Co. for the next 60 years. The two-story Italianate Style commercial building features a faux masonry plaster block faade and rough-cut limestone walls, with round windows, a chamfered corner entry, and an ornate metal cornice. The building was restored in 2002. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-2009

Today in Marker History


View more information