TX-773 Cedar Point School


Originally known as Elm Grove School, the Cedar Point School began about 1860 in a log cabin nearly 2 miles east of this site. In 1894 J. J. Davidson donated three acres of land here to the community. The school built on this site housed one teacher and 40-50 students. The first building was destroyed by a windstorm in 1908, and the rebuilt structure was destroyed by fire in 1928. The school was a meeting place for the surrounding area, and was deeded to the community after the school closed in 1948. Cedar Point School continues to be used as a center for local events and activities. (1996)

Today in Marker History


View more information