TN-3A-38 Nashville Inn

Marker text: NASHVILLE INN

First hostelry on this spot was established by Maj. William T. Lewis, 1796. It became Winn's Inn in 1806, the Nashville Inn a few years later. Among its many distinguished guests were the three sons of the Duke of Orleans, Andrew Johnson, then governor, was living here when the inn was destroyed by fire in 1856.

Tennessee Historical Commission

Today in Marker History


View more information