SC-35-32 D.D. McColl House 1826

Marker text: D.D. McColl House 1826
This house, built in 1826 on Darlington St. (now Main St.) was first owned by H.H. Covington. It was sold in 1871 to Duncan Donald McColl (1842-1911), prominent Marlboro County lawyer and businessman; the McColls lived in this house until 1884. Later moved to S. Liberty St., then McColl St., and finally to its present location by Hugh L. McColl, Jr., the house was donated to the county by McColl in 1991.
(Continued on other side)
Erected by Pee Dee Committee, National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of South Carolina, 1998

Today in Marker History


View more information