SC-24-16 Rock Presbyterian Church A

Marker text: (Continued from other side)
Rev. John McLees (d. 1882) was minister here 1847-1882 and father of Greenwood First Presbyterian Church, which had its origins as a chapel in the 1850s and was formally organized from this congregation in 1883. Rock Presbyterian Church, inactive in 1892, reorganized in 1956. This stone sanctuary, built in 1959-60, replaced the 1815 church, which had burned in 1959.
Erected by the Congregation, 2003

Today in Marker History


View more information