SC-MP010 Ronkins Long Room

Marker text: Ronkin's long Room - The crew of the Confederate submarine, H. L. Hunley, commanded by Lt. George Dixon, was temporarily quartered at Ronkin's long Room, 205 Ferry Street, in early 1864. The building, previously known as Shell Hall, summer home of Charles Pinckney, was used during the Civil War as an armory and barracks.

Today in Marker History


View more information