SC-MP002 Shem Creek

Marker text: Shem Creek - The name of this deepwater tidal creek is derived from the Indian work "Shemee." The creek has been an important site for shipbuilding, fishing, transportation and milling industries since the early 1700's. Shem Creek also was known as Sullivan's, Dearsley's, Parris', and Lempriere's creek. It is now known for it's shrimping trawlers, charter boats and restaurants.

Today in Marker History


View more information