SC-10-38 Friendship A.M.E. Church A

Marker text: FRIENDSHIP A.M.E. Church
(Continued from other side)
A 1911 storm during the pastorate of Rev. Frank Woodbury nearly destroyed the sanctuary, which was essentially rebuilt. Later renovations, including the application of a brick veneer in 1961 during the pastorate of Rev. J.A. Sabb, Jr., gave the church its present appearance. Friendship A.M.E. Church also hosted the graduation exercises of nearby Laing School for many years until the school closed in 1953.

Today in Marker History


View more information