MD-026 Homewood

Marker text: HOMEWOOD

Property purchased in 1800 by Charles Carroll, signer of the the Declaration of Independence, as a wedding present for his only son Charles and bride Harriet Chew of Philadelphia. The younger Charles designed and oversaw the building of the outstanding federal style country house, completed in 1805. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The 130 acre farm originally had a dozen outbuildings.

Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland State Highway Administration

Today in Marker History


View more information