Marker text: SAINT JACQUES DE CABAHANOCE
An organized ecclesiastical parish prior to 1757. The church was then in charge of Fr. Barnabe, a French Capuchin and Pastor of Saint Charles (Destrehan), on east bank of river. The registers were kept in French until 1786. The diocese came under Havana, Cuba, in 1771.
Erected by the Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry, 1957.