Marker text: ALLARD PLANTATION
Plantation of Louis Allard was purchased by his grandfather, Don Santiago Lorreins in 1770's from estate of Francisco Hery, called Duplanty, builder of the first Cabildo Building in N.O. in 1769. Acquired from Allard in 1845 by J. McDonough -- given to N.O. in 1850.
Erected by the Louisiana Tourist Development Commission, 1968
Dedicated by Spirit of '76 Chapter LSDAR, December 8, 1968.