Marker text: WHITEHAVEN
Main part of house, two-story brick structure, built in 1860s by Edward Anderson. Edward Atkins bought it in 1903 and had noted Paducah architect A.L. Lassiter transform Victorian farmhouse into Classical revival mansion. He added the Corinthian-columned front portico, and named house Whitehaven.
Presented by McCracken Co. Civic Beautification Board
Kentucky Historical Society Kentucky Department of Transportation, 1984