Marker text: LAND O'LAKES
Following removal of the Seminoles, resettlement of this area began in the 1880's with establishment of a stagecoach relay station between Brooksville and Tampa. Several small communities later developed in the vicinity, most of them lumber and turpentine towns along the railroads. In this general area were: Big Cypress, Disston, Drexel, Ehren, Fivay Junction, Godwin, Mexico, Myrtle-Denham, Pleasant Plains, Shingleton, Stemper and Tucker. By the 1930's citrus cultivation was the area's principal industry. With consolidation of schools and post offices, and following a public contest, the community was named Land O'Lakes on September 1, 1950.
Placed by the Pasco Board of County Commissioners and Historical Preservation Committee, 1981