Marker text: FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH MAITLAND
This congregation was organized in 1882 by ten Presbyerian settlers under the direction of Rev. W. G. F. Wallace when Maitland was a pioneer hamlet. The church building was constructed in 1883, and it is one of the oldest churches still in use in this area. The church is a typical example of the pioneer ecclesiastical architecture of its period.
Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials, 1961