Marker text: ST. PAUL'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH (1832)
Oldest in Florida Diocese, the present church (1912) is the fourth on this site. John Fleeming, one of the four original owners of the island, is buried here. His widow donated the property, stipulating that the church pews be free. Rectory built 1855. The chimes, first installed in a Florida church, were originally in a frame church (1886) destroyed in 1909 hurricane.
Florida Board of Parks and Historical Memorials, 1962