Marker text: 1851-1891
Site of Tampa's First Church Building and first frame ecclesiastical House of Worship erected in the area of all South Florida. Built by the Methodist congregation under the superintendency of Rev. L. G. Lesley. General T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson contributed $5 in gold to its building fund; and General O.O. Howard, head of the Freedmen's Bureau, Founder of Howard College, Washington, D.C. was converted therein.
Erected by The Hillborough County Historical Commission, 1964