Marker text: YBOR CITY'S FIRST FIRE STATION 1886
The Mirta Hook and Ladder Volunteer Fire Station was established on this site. The station was named in honor of the youngest daughter of Don Vicente Martinez Ybor, founder of Ybor City. Capt. Frank Puglisi headed the fire fighters. Volunteer firemen from Havana, Cuba took part in the colorful dedication ceremonies.
Erected by The Lions Club of Ybor City, 1961