Marker text: HOTEL DE LA HAVANA 1887 1891
During the fabulous pioneer days of Ybor City the famed Hotel De La Havana was located on this corner. The three story frame structure was the first hotel erected in the Latin Quarter. Its proprietors were Jose Rubin and Jacinto Olavarria.
The hotel was headquarters for newly arrived tobacco workers and Cuban political exiles. The building was destroyed during Ybor City's first great fire in November 1891.
Erected by Las Novedades Restaurant, 1961