Marker text: NORTH MURDERKILL HUNDRED
Formerly part of Murderkill Hundred, originally called Motherkill Hundred, kill meaning creek in Dutch. Original boundaries were St. Jones Creek on north and Murderkill Creek on south, extending from Delaware River to Maryland line. In 1867 Murderkill Hundred was divided into two hundreds named North Murderkill Hundred and South Murderkill Hundred.
Public Archive Commission, 1966