Marker text: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA EXPERIMENTAL FARM, WOLFSKILL GRANT - In 1842, John R. Wolfskill arrived here, laden with fruit seeds and cuttings. He was a true horticulturist and became the father of the fruit industry in this region. In 1937 Mrs. Frances Wolfskill Taylor Wilson, his daughter, bequeathed 107.28 acres to the University of California for an experimental farm. From this portion of Rancho Rio de Los Putos the university's research has since enriched the state's horticultural industry.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 804
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Solano County Historical Society, May 30, 1966.